The Shawnee Mission West Pride Band will be performing in the Hollywood Christmas Parade for 2022! The Hollywood Christmas Parade started in 1928 and follows a 3.5 mile route along Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards. The trip will be November 25 – 29, 2022; the parade has been held on the Sunday after Thanksgiving since the 1970s.
Hollywood Trip Latest News (Sept 2022)
Good News/ Band News:
The Bad News is the trip cost went up $200 due to not making our goal of 85 travelers.
The Good News is due to prior fundraising efforts, BAW will cover the added cost so that the travelers do not have to!
Money from the Car Wash, Candy Bar sales, and Grocery Sacking will be deposited in the next week so that you will know your final totals prior to the final due date. Please wait to pay your final amount until after we have made those deposits on your behalf. I will let you know when to make your final deposit.
Thanks for everyone’s efforts!
Chaperones – don’t forget we have a meeting NEXT Monday, September 12 at 7:00 p.m. in the band room. It will last about an hour.
What is included
• Round trip airfare, including one suitcase and one carry-on.
• Coach transportation from the airport to the hotel and other events
• Four nights at a luxury Hollywood hotel
• Tour of Griffith Observatory & Hollywood sign
• Admission to “The Board” contemporary Art Museum
• Full Day pass to Universal Studios
• Walking tour of the Hollywood Walk of Fame (Hollywood Boulevard)
• Participation in the Famous Hollywood Christmas Parade
Also included –
• Two-day park hopper passes to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure
• Daily breakfasts at our hotel
• Dinner at Medieval Times
• Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, Hollywood
• Dinner at Universal Studios
• Two $20 meal cards to be used at Disneyland / Disney California Adventure
• Health, accident, and travel delay insurance
• Full-time resident Tour Director
• Private overnight security at the hotel each evening
Travel and Host arrangements
Travel, lodging and events are handled by WorldStrides. They are:
· An accredited and insured operator
· Over 50 years of experience
· Completely customized itinerary
· 24 hour emergency hotline
Costs and Fees
• $2,463 per student at quad occupancy
• $2,803 per adult at double occupancy
• First payment must be made through the World Strides website (See email for URL and trip code)
• BandAides can send money on your behalf from fundraisers
• Car Wash – THIS weekend!
• Work those pledges!
• One student a few years ago raised over $600
• Multiple students have raised $400+
• Grocery Sacking at Hy-Vee
How to Help
Any Band parents in KC
• Packing prior to shipping OR truck departure
• Uniforms & large instruments
Parents on the trip in Hollywood
• Hollywood Photographers & Videographer – please coordinate with Will England for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Smugmug logins to share live from the event
• Instrument distribution – prior to the parade
• Uniform distribution in hotel
• Repacking at the hotel prior to shipping back to KC
• Spending Cash –
• Five lunches on your own
• Every traveler (and parents at home) will receive a Trip Handbook prior to
departure with schedules, room assignments, flight assignments, and more.
• There will be another couple of meetings prior to departure.