The 2020 and 2021 school year was trying, difficult, and frustrating for all – but we made it through! The Shawnee Mission West Pride Band performed their first live concert this May, and we have a lot more coming up for the next school year. Find out Shawnee Mission West Band news and plans for the 2021/2022 school year!
First, a huge thank you to the students and parents working with their students for virtual learning, virtual lessons, keeping up a great attitude, and continuing to excel even in the most difficult circumstances! Your dedication showed on the stage for your concert!
Shawnee Mission West Band news and plans for the 2021/2022 school year
- Band Camp is a Go! Starting July 19, our drumline and colorguard will kick it off, followed by student leaders, new members, and the full band reporting on July 26. Check our Events Calendar for specifics.
- London New Years Day Parade is a Go! Stay tuned for more information!
- Marching season is a Go! Dates and times for games and marching contests, along with any COVID protocols will be posted as we learn about them.
Making it work
To make all of this work, we will need dedicated, helpful parents with a wide variety of skills, interests, and talents. Shoot a note to email@example.com and we can get you started with:
- Executive Board
- London Coordinator(s)
- Uniform fitting helpers
- Roadie – load in and load out the instruments for marching shows
- Techie – help on the mixer and PA for marching shows
- Foodie – help with the band breakfasts, banquets, more
- Marketing – Promote the band, fundraisers, and events through the community, website, and social media
- Facebook Page Admin – Manage the page, make and schedule posts, engage the fans, create events for the band
- WordPress Admin – maintain the WordPress configuration, update as needed, redesign and rebuild as desired
- Photos and Video – shoot photos of the band before, during, and after events; stream or record videos of the events for educational use and remote viewing. Edit and archive to YouTube and SmugMug sites.
Not to worry – our 2020 Executive Board has committed to stay on and help the team get up to speed on everything going on. You’ll have lots of help, and the more people that step up, the smaller each job gets!