Good Sunday evening. I’m so out of practice – I almost to send an email of this week’s events! Here goes what’s coming up this week including our first marching show!
Sorry, we postponed the MEGA Car Wash. We’ll talk in class tomorrow about an alternative date. Right now, we are looking at Saturday, September 9. There is a Cross Country event in the late afternoon at 5p, but nothing else on the Athletic Calendar. Please look at your personal calendars so we can discuss this.
Have you turned in your Forms and Fees packet? We especially need your Field Trip forms PLEASE get those returned ASAP!
Monday, Wednesday & Friday morning – Normal 7:00a Marching band rehearsal. On the turf with instruments, drill charts, coordinate sheets, and music. We need to finish pregame (marching and playing) and begin playing the opener as well as finish learning the drill.
Tuesday Night Marching rehearsal – 6-8p (6-9p for percussion) – We will continue to get the opener finished and refine our marching and moving.
Friday morning – it is tradition to march the halls for the home opener during first block – I’ll ask.
Freshmen who have volunteered to help, this schedule below is for you as well.
Marching Band First Game
Marching Band – Call time for the game is 4p in the band room. All marching band members need to wear black shorts, preferably athletic shorts, black LONG socks, the Band T-shirt, and marching band shoes. This goes under the uniform. Depending on the temperature, we may or may NOT wear uniforms on Friday. Decision to be made on Wednesday/Thursday.
- 4:00 – Load big instruments, percussion, sound equipment, etc., change into uniform.
- 4:30 – Load buses and depart for the stadium.
- 4:50 – Arrive at the stadium, unload, and take the field for rehearsal.
- 5:30 – Off the field, talk through logistics.
- 5:40 – Dinner served by BAW.
- 6:15 – Throw away trash, and prepare for pre-game.
- 6:30 – Gather for a quick warm-up, and talk through pregame.
- 6:45 – Take the field for pregame.
- 7:00 – In the stands for the game
- 8:00 – Halftime! – SHOW TIME!
- 8:10 – 3rd Quarter off.
- 9:30 – Game over, load trailer, return to West.
- 10:00 – Unload Trailer (EVERYONE HELPS), put equipment away, and hang uniform neatly.
- 10:15 – Go home. – Parents, please do not be late picking up your student. The directors have had a long day, we want to go home as well.
Saturday – RELAX!
Monday – Labor Day – No School
Tuesday – Night rehearsal – We’ve got a lot of drill to learn for the second movement! Make sure you are practicing your music. We WILL play the first and second movements at the game on September 8!
Have a great week!